December 2019 to May 2021
Price based on double room occupancy per night per person.
Bali, the island of gods. Bali , being part of Indonesia, receives all the swells from Antartica. However, having diverse sand, reef , and point breaks, and having various coast features, it has waves for all levels year around. In addition, Bali stands out as an outstanding yoga, nature, culinary and touristic attraction. A must visit at least one in your life.
Name: Villa Palma Canggu
At your full service, the manager is supervising four staffs including three housekeepers, one gardener and security operating the villa. Your room will be cleaned daily and you will receive a full hotel experience. The villa manager is available to arrange any visits, services, rentals or to make recommendations for things to do and places to eat and to arrange them for you.
Location: The villa is walking distance from a dozen of restaurants, small shops and other boutiques.
Set on a quiet cul-de-sacin chic Berawa Beach, Villa Palma welcomes you with double antique doors. Step inside to a luscious, paved garden which, in turn opens into the spacious living area with ample views of the garden, pool and pavilion beyond. To the left are the kitchen, wet kitchen for staff and the dining area, seating 8. Soft grey tones, whitewashed wood and a dash of rosé, lend Villa Palma an air of genteel colonial design.
To the left of the central living space is the media room with a small guest lavatory. Adjoining is Master Bedroom 1, with a four-poster, netted bed, walk-in closet and large enclosed bathroom with rain shower and large terrazzo bathtub. A manicured window garden displays a Buddha statue surrounded with bamboo.
To the right of the living space, and along the covered outdoor terrace, are Bedrooms 2 and 3 offering double or twin options. These both have en-suite, indoor/outdoor, rain shower bathrooms. Further on is Master Bedroom 2 – more masculine in style, this room also boasts a walk-in closet and a large enclosed bathroom with rain shower and large terrazzo bathtub.
The avenue of palm trees, for which the villa is named, and the lush cared-for tropical garden surround the 14-meter private pool that is central to the garden. The large curtained balé-pavilion, set at the back of the property, is an ideal place to sit day or night and survey the beauty of this Old World villa and gardens set on 1,300 sqm, sipping a cup of tea or a cocktail.
- Land size: 1,500 m2
- Building size: 350 m2
- Number of Bedrooms: 4
- Year Built: 2010
- Staff: 6 including villa manager, one cook, three house keeper, one gardener and one security guard
- Car Park Space: 2 cars
- Swimming pool size: 55 m2
Swimming pool water treatment system: HCL, Chlorinator
- Living, Dining, Kitchen total size: 53 m2
- Living Area: Open style, 2 Fans, Satellite TV, Sofa (8 persons), Dining Table
- Kitchen: Open style, Fully equipped
- Bedroom 1: size 34 m2, air-con, fan, closed bathroom with bathtub & shower, basin and toilet
- Bedroom 2: size 28 m2, air-con, fan, semi open bathroom with shower, basin and toilet
- Bedroom 3: size 28 m2, air-con, fan, closed bathroom with shower, basin and toilet
- Bedroom 4: size 24 m2, air-con, fan, closed bathroom with bathtub, shower, basin and toilet
- Media Room: size 24 m2, air-con, fan
Bali, with Oahu Hawaii, is probably among the top 2 best, most diverse and fun surfing places in the world. Bali caters to surfers of all levels all year around. Complete beginners, beginners, and intermediate surfers will find the close by break of Batu Bolong a lot of fun. Depending on the time of the year and the wind direction, and your level and desires, our surf guide team can also take you to other areas which are usually within 1h drive away on average or less.
In Bali one can find all kinds of surf spots, of all levels and with all features. The most famous ones are Uluwatu, Padang Padang, Keramas etc. The conditions can vary from 2-3 feet to easily 15-20 feet barreling waves. Our surf guide team will work with you to help chose given the day conditions the best spots given your level as well.
One drawback of Bali is that despite the number of surf spots, rarely is any spot not busy or at least a little bit crowded. We always try to take you to spots that are less crowded as much as possible.
Water temperature is usually 81-84F (27-29C) and no wetsuit is needed for surfing.
The closest locations to the villa are beginner friendly are the following:
1. Batu Bolong. A long beach break with black sand or reef bottom which is great for beginners and intermediate. The break is about 5 minutes from the villa. Waves break inside which is ideal for beginners and it is always fun and easy.
It is the Southern edge of the Canggu stretch and perennial favorite with the long board and SUP crew as the long, lined-up rights skirt the lava reef. Generally fat and friendly up to head high, it can handle some sizable sets that will feather a long way out. There’s a small swell left that shoulders through to the rocky outcrop and low tide will be messy and mushy. Easy parking. Beware foot burning black sand.
2. Padma. Beach break with rights and lefts, in the best days the right is a barrel and then few trick till you finish on the beach, lefts are more fun with long wall to make turns and hot dog tricks. Padma is super consistent.
The wind is typically low in the morning and in the evening and picks up during the day.
A typical beach break surf day would look like this
Our local surf guides
We only work with guides we have tested personally and created a deep relationship with. Wave Soul also pays all our guides living decent wages allowing them to not worry about making ends meet and allowing them to focus on providing the best guiding and teaching possible.
Bonne has been surfing for more than 20 years. Bonne was the Indonesian Surf Women Champion 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and Asian Women Surf Champion in 2011, 2014. Beyond being an outstanding surfer she is also a great teacher and she stands out for being able to match perfectly the skills of the surfer with the right place and wave given the daily conditions. Bonne will not challenge you more then you are comfortable with while still being able to challenge you enough to make progress if you so wish to.
We have been surfing with Bonne for many sessions and years.
Jump right into the action with Bonne for some of your best surf session ever!No matter if you are beginner, she will take you to a safe surf spot where she will teach you the basics so you can ride your first waves, oh yeah! And for the intermediate – advanced surfers, I will guide you to the surf spot according to your level and the weather conditions. Be prepared to catch one of your best waves in Bali!
Suta was born and grew up in Canggu, Bali. He is one a local Balinese, and can guide you beyond just surf to the local culture. He lives with his children and family in Canggu a few blocks from the surf breaks.
Suta has been teaching surf for more than 15 years. He is here with one of his sons who is also a surfer. Suta has experience teaching and guiding surfers of all levels and being locally born he knows all the local less crowded waves.
We have been working with Suta for many years and he has guided the Wave Soul team around Bali and even other islands around.
Daily Yoga or Massage
Bali is world wide famous for their excellent Yoga culture and school. Balinese Yoga is excellent and many surfers, including the Wave Soul team, have noticed the high quality and lasting effects of Balinese Yoga sessions.
Balinese Massage is also world famous. Balinese massage was developed in the Indonesian province of Bali, with influence from the traditional medicine systems of India, China, and Southeast Asia. Balinese massage techniques include acupressure, skin rolling and flicking, firm and gentle stroking, percussion, and application of essential oils.
Part of the Wave Soul package we include a daily yoga or massage session.
The transfer airport-hotel
Our local partner will pick you up and transfer you between the airport and the hotel, and back. Usually the transfer takes about 1 hour.
What is included in the price
- Transfer airport Denpasar (DPS) – villa.
- Villa room, en suite bathroom, opening towards pool and garden.
- One 2-hour surf lesson/guided session per day with surf equipment (board, leash, etc.)
- One 90-min yoga lesson per day in the villa OR one 60 minutes massage per day in the villa (only one should be chosen every day).
What is not-included in the price
- Flight to and from Denpasar. ( However we are happy to assist you with booking convenient and cost effective flight. We have extensive experience with arranging flights).
- Lunch, dinner ( there are many options walking distance or a short drive away. Also the villa team can make you dinner if you reimburse them for the groceries cost).
- Alcoholic drinks.
- Any other activities besides the included activities.
- A car with drive is made available to you for $25/day extra as you need for a duration of 8 hours per day.
Bali is a touristic center and many activities are available within at most a few hours drive of the villa. We strongly recommend at least a day trip to Ubud to see the monkey forest , maybe feed and interact with elephants, a coffee plantation, and many other activities. Anything from golf, to scuba diving, via snorkeling is world level. The food scene in Bali is also extremely varied and interesting.
1. How do you get to Denpasar?
The best thing is to buy a plane ticket to the airport in Denpasar (DPS). From the airport to the villa it is about 1-hour. Our driver will be waiting for you with a sign with your name at the airport and will take you to the villa (and back at your departure).
The flight cost usually varies. It is usually $900 in economy and about $2800 in business from New York to Denpasar. We can of course assist you for free to purchase your plane ticket.
2. How long is the flight to Denpansar ?
Most flights from the East Coast of the United States take about 25 hours with a stop usually in China, Hong Kong, or Singapore.
3. Can we stay for two or more weeks?
Yes of course! We offer a $150 discount for additional weeks per-week.
4. Can non-surfing people join?
Yes! However we can not offer any particular discounts for non-surfing guests at this time.